September 11 – Remember A Simple Act of Kindness
Today is September 11 – a date that weighs heavy in the hearts and minds of Americans. On this day, we pause to remember those whose lives were lost and those who were injured as a result of the horrific attacks on our country.
Yet September 11 has also become a national day of service. Countless acts of kindness have emerged in the moments, minutes, hours, and days following the attack on our soil. In this way, Americans honor the victims of 9/11 – and those who came to their aid – through good deeds and selfless actions.
“We will never forget” will forever be woven into the fabric of America. Take time to remember the simple acts of kindness we can do for each other as a tribute to this important date. Some ideas:
- Pay someone a compliment
- Buy a cup of coffee or other beverage for the person in line behind you
- Buy lunch for someone less fortunate
- Donate your time or money to a service organization or charitable cause
- Send an inspirational note and care package to a deployed service member
- Donate new clothes, books, and hygiene products to a local shelter
- Commit to giving your time to a local organization
It’s easy! Spread the Word!