Construction is now complete on a new climate-controlled self-storage facility along Doctor Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard. The three-story 99,339 SF building offers climate-controlled storage units, ranging in size from 5’x5’ to 10’x25’ in the growing city of Fort Myers, Florida.
“Due to the increase of multi-family housing and population growth, these areas are finding an increase in the need for self-storage. Renters want to store their items near where they live and are using storage units to keep items that they can easily access without taking up space within their homes, such as a kayak or bicycle,” said Aaron Rowley, a partner in the deal.
BUILDING FEATURES INCLUDE:
- 803 units, comprised of 5’x5’, 5’x10’, 5’x15’, 10’x10’, 10’x15’, 10’x20’, and 10’x25’ units
- Fully climate-controlled and weatherproof units
- Diamond plate corner guards and kick plates for hallway protection
- EIFS and metal siding exterior
- Two elevators with heightened cabs for tenant convenience
- Energy-efficient LED lighting
- Complete fire sprinkler system
- Security system including cameras and alarm system