Dayton Motor Car
In partnership with Weyland Ventures, a real estate development firm headquartered in Louisville, KY, renovation is now complete on the Dayton Motor Car Building.
Built around 1875, the iconic Dayton Motor Car Building originally housed a farm implement center and later produced automobiles, including the Stoddard-Dayton Motor Car. The building is part of the Dayton Motor Car Company Historic District, which was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
Work on this building included:
- Historically restored wood windows
- Structural concrete patching and repairs throughout
- Construction of a new external stair tower
- Installation of two new elevators in an existing shaft
- Installation of a raised floor system to accommodate supply air plenum and cabling
- Renovation/repairs of exterior building cornice to adhere to historical requirements
Historic tax credits were received through the State Historic Preservation Office for this project.
Historical Registration Number: 84003785